Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Funny, Strange & Crazy Dating Stories

This actually happened to a friend of mine. He was on a date, and while they were waiting for the food to be served, he had to go to the bathroom…. When he was done he forgot to close his zipper…. He came back to the table and she didn’t realize anything. As they were sitting by the table and talking, suddenly he realized that his zipper was wide open! With the table cloth covering him he carefully closed his zipper without her noticing. When they got up to leave, he took the whole table cloth with him.
Jeff, Cleveland

On my first date [22 years old] I was in total shock. We were heading towards a restaurant with huge glass windows and to me it seemed like a sliding glass door, so I kept on walking ….boom. Although I didn’t break the window – I had a huge bump on my forehead – it was very unpleasant.
M., Israel

I smashed the car on the first date.


Hi my name is Sarah from LA – on my first date I was with this guy who didn’t want to eat anything. All we did was walk around the mall for what seem like forever – I was SO hungry! Finally after about three hours I said to him – aren’t you hungry? He goes – “I sure am, follow me! So there I was getting all excited. We started heading out of the mall – I didn’t ask any questions, I was thinking, maybe he’s taking me to some special restaurant… We get to his car, he opens the trunk and pulls out tuna sandwiches! He said, “Oh I figured that this would be cheaper then going to a restaurant.”

I didn’t tell my parents that I was going on a date – you know I didn’t want the whole pressure thing…. Well guess who shows up in the same restaurant?
Deborah, Kansas

We were sitting in a restaurant by the beach. The sun was slowly setting and the conversation was flowing and everything was going great. Then for those of you who have been on dates know that sometimes on the first date there are moments of awkward silence. In the worst cases it lasts for about 2-4 minutes until someone breaks the ice, or until the guys asks the question “would you like desert? “…. Well here the silence was killing me… I could not think of anything to talk about and he was focusing on the sunset as a cover up for this awkward silence. Suddenly he says “ok I know what!” - And then he pulls out his flute from his bag and starts playing! Forget about the fact that he was just a beginner – but the whole place was staring at us and I could not get him to shut up! I said to him at some point “dude I think you should take dancing.” – that was our first and last date.
Rachel, LA


When I was 15 my father drove me to my first date, he told me that he would pick me up at 8:00pm. We went to Starbucks. 7:45pm comes around I am looking out the window and who do I see? Yup it was him alright. But he doesn’t stay in the car – he comes in.
Meanwhile the guy I’m with has no clue what’s going on. I am turning colors not listening to a word he is saying. First my father orders a coffee [oh crap he’s getting ready to sit down] Then he takes a spot right near me behind the guy, Giving me the one eye blink and the thumbs up. I was ready to die. Its 8:00pm and I am prepare, I know what going to happen next…. Sure enough he walks over – “You guys having a good time? I’ll be waiting in the car honey when ever you’re ready” ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Katie, NY

When I was dating I sent a love letter by email to my girlfriend Stephanie. Now, my grandmother’s name is also Stephanie… and the next days she called me saying, “oh dear that was so sweet of you! I love you to!”
Rob, NY


This is probably the craziest story – I was on a blind date in a really nice restaurant and the guy tells me, “I bet that I can get this meal for free! I said “um …ok..” , so the date when smooth – he was a guy – kind of full of himself but a good guy, until it came time to pay. A waiter was walking by with a platter of food and this guy purposely bumps into him and the food goes all over him! Then he starts a whole riot – “This cant be! This is how you treat your customers? Shame on you!” Then he demands to speak with the manager, who comes over and this guy tells him “I demand a free meal for the way you treated me and my girlfriend!”
Jenny, NH

I went on a date with a divorced woman – she was great, however the only thing she forgot to tell me was that she was bringing her two little kids along with her.
Jay, Omaha

The worst is when you are on a date and the guy has a terrible stomach ache and jumps into the first bush he finds right near the parking lot, and he starts yelling “ Sarah – could you go get me a newspaper or some toilet paper “
Sarah, NJ

Does the guy have to say “ I have been wearing the same pants for three days straight!”

I was dating this guy and we would call each other every night. One night I called him and I said “Hi my love guess who” – so he goes “who is this?” and then I said “oh sweetie are you playing games with me again?” he answers “ oh, hold on this Jacks father I’ll call him downstairs”

No comments: